Good food, good wine and delicious surprises! Let´s go? Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best. Stay with us and make the best of boot country! Here at Your Travel to Calabria you make the trip of your dreams!!! Are you staying in Calabria? Looking for a hotel? Click here and discover best accommodation options in Calabria!
1) Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best – FIRST DAY
1st day:The begin of a jorney! – Cosenza and a visit to a winery – Departure to Cosenza with the high speed train. Arrival and transfer (optional) to the hotel. In the afternoon, visit to a winery to taste the best regional wines, as well as a tour of the production place. Return to Cosenza and then tour by night of the illuminated old town. Overnight in Cosenza. (paid by the pax).
2) Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best – SECOND DAY
Pizzo e Tropea – The pearls of Calabria – You will discover one of the most charming places in the region: a coast of the gods, also known as “Pearl of the Tyrrhenian”. We are talking, of course, about Tropea. The city sits on a high cliff overlooking the sea, and has emerald-like colors. After lunch, we will walk around Pizzo Calabro. Pizzo is famous for its Piedigrotta Church, unique in the world, as it is located inside a cave overlooking the sea. At the end of the tour, we can taste the famous local ice cream, known as “truffle” or “Tartufo Nero”. Due to the superior quality of gelato, Pizzo was defined as the “gelato city”. Overnight in Cosenza. (paid by the pax)
This Pearl of Calabria won the award of The most beautiful village of Italy in 2021, so it is really worth to add it to your itinerary!!!!
3) Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best – TIRDH DAY
3rd day: Scilla, the South Venice, and optional balloon tour or cooking class (or one of the other tourism experiences suggested below or this post. Departure to visit Scilla, an important tourist and seaside resort. In addition to being one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, it is a place of myths and legends. We will visit the Ruffo Castle, a fortress located on a rocky outcrop over the Strait, with churches and many valuable works that characterize the old town; then we head to Chianalea, a charming old town, fishermen’s district with houses on the beach.
Let’s have lunch and taste the typical product: swordfish. In the afternoon, return to Cosenza and we will enjoy some free time. Possibility to take a special tour: by balloon, experiencing Calabria from above! Unforgettable experience that will stay in your memory forever! (Or, as another option, you can take a cooking lesson with typical products). Overnight in Cosenza (paid by the pax)
4) Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best – FOURTH DAY
4rd day: Le Castella and Santa Severina – Le Castella is really a charming place, a small Calabria village on the island of Capo Rizzuto, where you can admire a beautiful Aragonese castle that rises out of the sea, and can be considered a piece of paradise in Calabria. We move on with our tour to Santa Severina, where we will have lunch in a restaurant with dishes based on typical products. Santa Severina is considered one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, known as the “stone ship”. Founded in the 9th century, Severina has one of the most beautiful castles in southern Italy, fully restored, that reveals 1200 years of history. Overnight in Cosenza. (paid by the pax).
5) Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best – FIFTH DAY
5th day: Reggio Calabria and Pentedatillo – Visit to downtown of Reggio Calabria, known for having the most beautiful kilometer in Italy and the famous Museum of Reggio Calabria. Departure for Pentedattilo, whose name means, precisely, “Five fingers”. It is one of the most exclusive and fascinating cities in Calabria, because it is now uninhabited, evoking a rare charm for visitors with its narrow streets, old houses, castle ruins and churches. Return to Reggio Calabria. (paid by the pax)
6) Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best – SIXTH DAY
6th day: Stilo e Gerace – This tour combines two of the most famous and beautiful villages in southern Calabria. We go to Stilo, which is among the “most beautiful villages in Italy”. After the visit, we will go to an agritourism. The typical dishes of the region’s tradition, including cheeses, meats and wild boar, will be tasted at lunch on a farm. Then we will visit Gerace, also included in the “most beautiful villages in Italy”, it appears in a tuff stone, dominating along the entire coast, the old city offers suggestive and very scenic views, especially for the sea. Return to Reggio. Overnight (paid by the pax.).
7) Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best – SEVENTH DAY
7th day: Calabria – Final destination – Departure from Cosenza to the final destination via high-speed train. End of services.
(*) To travel is to live an adventure, a whole new experience, and that’s why we propose unique tours that will remain forever in your memory and in your heart!
Map: Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best
Other suggestions for tourism experiences in Calabria are:
- Participate in a folk festival;
- Visit local artisan workshops and, who knows, get your hands dirty with them!
- Learn how to make zucchini, eggplant or pepper preserves with a “mamma“;
- Learn how to make tomato sauce;
- Try to find mushrooms in the Calabrian parks;
- Cooking course in a Calabrese agritourism;
- Tasting typical Calabrian products;
- Tours in the ghost villages;
- Trekking in the mountains of Calabria;
- Experiencing Calabria by motorcycle;
- Participate in vendemia at a winery;
- Travel on one of the wine routes in Calabria;
- Spend a day with a typical Calabria family;
- Participate in the harvest of olives;
- Staying in a family farm;
- Take lessons to learn how to make pizza;
- Take lessons to learn Italian in a famous sea location;
- Tour to discovering your origins: discover the land of your ancestors!
What experience do you want to have?
NOTE: All of our itineraries and tours include suggestions for different restaurants that will make your travel experience even more complete!
Calabria is going to surprise you!
PRICES: upon request
- 6 days of guided tour in English;
- Assistance in English throughout the tour;
WHAT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Train ticket to Cosenza;
- Rental car or transfers (optional) for 6 days;
- Cooking lessons (optional)
- Balloon ride (optional)
- Train ticket from Cosenza to the final destination.
(*) We advise the use a rented car during the tour, if you prefer to take the tour using the service of a transport company just ask us for directions when booking the tour, we have partners throughout all Calabria.
(**) All optional services will be paid directly to our partners.
Watch this video: Discovering Calabria with Ana Patricia: tour in Cosenza
Subscribe to our channel and receive more videos with information and tips about Italy. Don’t forget to leave that Like;)
Calabria – 6 Days to experience the best. Calabria is a wonderful land, discovering it means immersing in its ancient history, made of illustrious characters, refined culture, folk, religious and gastronomic traditions. Just visit it and you will know how fascinating it is.
TRAVELING TO CALABRIA IS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE, BUT BEING A REGION WITH A SMALL TOURISM INFRASTRUCTURE FOR FOREIGNERS, IT IS NOT SO SIMPLE TO VISIT THIS AMAZING PLACE WITHOUT ANY HELP, ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON’T SPEAK ITALIAN.
HIRING OUR SERVICES YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ADMIRE EVERYTHING THAT THIS BEAUTIFUL AND SPETACULAR REGION HAS TO OFFER!
ENJOY EVERY SINGLE MOMENT BY HIRING THE SERVICES OF A PROFESSIONAL THAT CAN GIVE YOU THE GUARANTEE OF THE BEST SERVICE.
WHY EXPERIENCE STRESSFUL TIMES ON YOUR SO DREAM VACATION IF YOU CAN HAVE EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE FOR THE BEST COST – BENEFIT?
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR RATES, ‘MY GUIDE’ SERVICES, TOURIST ESCORTING, INTERPRETER OR ASSISTANCE TO FIND THE DOCUMENTS OF YOUR RELATIVES CALABRESES, EMAIL ME!
SEARCH, COMPARE AND CHOOSE! YOU WILL NOT REGRET!
I AM A GUIDE WITH EXPERTISE IN PORTUGUESE AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN CALABRIA, AND I AM SURE YOU WILL LOVE TO SEE THIS AMAZING ITALIAN REGION WITH ME! IT WILL BE AN UNFORGETTABLE JOURNEY!
I’M WAITING FOR YOU! 🙂
* FOR TOURISTIC SERVICES IN OTHER LANGUAGES, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL.
An Extra Help for your Trip
Your dream trip to Italy needs a differentiated, reliable service, with excellence and within your budget.
The best content from Viajando para a Itália!
Learn more about our tours in Calabria right now!
- Itinerary for 3 days in Calabria?
- Itinerary for 6 days in Calabria?
- Learning To Cook In Calabria? Itinerary in 7 days: the best!
- What are the 10 places you need to go in Calabria?
- Why should you visit Tropea in Calabria?
- All about Reggio.
- All about Cosenza.
- What is the best time of the year to go to Calabria?
- How to get from Lamezia Terme airport to downtown of Lamezia, Cosenza and Reggio Calabria?
- Where to stay in Calabria?
Check all our posts about Calábria!
Best regards from Calábria